Sunday, January 09, 2005

The Beginning of a New Era

Brad, I stole this from you buddy, so thank you. Welcome to Marty's World. You'll hear my opinion on many different things, ranging from sports ( a lot of sports most likely) to classes (I'm getting my Master's in Economics) to general knowledge and potpourri.

I guess I'll review my Winter Break for you all. Santa was kind to bring me a new 27" TV, golfing shoes, luggage, and some money, which will soon be used to buy my Roethlisberger jersey. At the Lavelle household, we had 18 inches of snow, so for those of you who wanted a White Christmas so badly, I hope you're happy. Then the snow melted and created flooding problems in the area so it would be just fine if we received no more snow this winter. The biggest news though by far was meeting my goals in my classes. Receiving the grades I was hoping for made the break a very enjoyable one.

So now it's time to get back into the swing of things with classes and getting back in shape. I was able to work out some, but I think it's fair to say I ate well hehe. 2005 has the potential to be a good one. My Miami career will finish in August, with the chance to do very well and end up with a really good job. Right now, college basketball is heating up, which I love. BTW, Illinois is my #1 team with UNC a close 2nd. And who knows what else the year may bring. I can feel the finish line approaching, so the motto of the remaining 8 months in the Master's Program is:

FINISH

My goal is to finish on time, get the grades I want, write a great paper, and get the job I want. The upcoming year holds so much promise, but business must be taken care of.

I hope you all had a great Holidays, and I hope you enjoy my world!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Hey Marty,

Really glad that you decided to fire up a blog for yourself! I hope that you will at least be occasionally be providing meaningful commentary on any MU games that you happen to see. I'm really going to try and find a game that I can make it down to Oxford for, and if so, I'll definitely let you know. Keep up the good work!

January 11, 2005 at 7:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links