Monday, July 18, 2005

Deeee-fense!!!!!

Well, the week I've pointed to since the beginning of May has finally arrived. Thursday I will defend my paper and finish my education at Miami University. Wow, I can't believe I just wrote those words. Yes, graduation isn't until August, but this really is it. One more chance to stand up in front of professors and family and show what I have. This is the last band concert, basketball game type event I'll have most likely. So Thursday I get to be in the spotlight one last time, and I'm looking forward to making the most of it.

Today was the 2nd Rest Day in the Tour, so I actually got to sleep in (10 hours, feeling good). Tomorrow is the last day in the mountains. The Category 1 Col de Marie-Blanc and the Above Category Col D'Aubisque await the riders before the latter third of the course descends into Pau. Lance Armstrong would tell you yourself that the race isn't over by a long shot. This week is tough with the undulating terrain of the Massif Central and the final time trial on Saturday.

Tiger Woods won his 2nd major of the year and 10th of his career, holding steady while Jose Maria Olazabal and our favorite Monty faded on the last 9 holes. It's going to be hard for Tiger to match his 2000-02 form, but he's pretty close. I don't like his chances at Baltusrol for the PGA Championship. The course is shorter and only has 2 Par 5s, which gives more players a chance. Of course, who's going to beat him?

Finally, congratulations to my buddy Brad who is engaged. That will make 2 HawkHeads married in 2 years. It's so weird seeing good friends you knew through college getting married. But it's exciting, and I can't wait for the wedding.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

thanks for the shout-out on your blog buddy! Make sure you keep in touch via IM while I'm in the UK so that I can keep up with your address. We'll let you know when it is as soon as we know!! (which prob. isn't going to be until January 2006 when we know).

July 19, 2005 at 8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links