Sunday, March 12, 2006

Let's Dance

So let's dance, the last dance, tonight.... Oh, that's another dance. So we have our field of 65. First let's recap today's action:

  • SEC: Florida 49, South Carolina 47. South Carolina was the last team that could burst somebody's bubble, but Joakim Noah made sure that didn't happen, scoring the go-ahead basket, then blocking Carolina's attempt to tie and send the game to overtime. Taurean Green is the key for Florida. When he takes care of the ball and gets others involved, specifically Noah and Horford inside, Florida wins.
  • ACC: Duke 78, Boston College 76. This was one of the better games of the year. Everytime Duke hit BC with one of their patented runs, BC came right back at them. Jared Dudley and Craig Smith were physical inside, and Duke had no one who could handle Louis Hinnant. BC surprised me with their offensive efficiency, shooting 58%, 6/11 from 3. But JJ Redick regained his shooting touch and Josh McRoberts stepped up again, showing he might be the 3rd option Duke relies on during the tournament.
  • Southland: Northwestern St. 95, Sam Houston St. 87. Northwestern St. won the regular season and conference titles. They had 25 assists with their 32 field goals, great numbers. They're athletic, have more size than I expected and can shoot decently. They played a tougher non-conference schedule than the normal Southland team so they won't go down without a fight in the tournament.
  • Big 12: Kansas 80, Texas 68. Kansas's play today was the most impressive performance all weekend. 2 weeks ago, Texas took them behind the woodshed and then some. Playing somewhat of a road game in Dallas, Kansas was brilliant. 5 players in double figures, 22 assists on 27 field goals (are you kidding me?!?!?!), 50% from 3, and only 9 turnovers against a national championship contender. Everytime I see Julian Wright make a play, my jaw drops. Come back to school Julian, keep developing!!!!!
  • Big 10: Iowa 67, Ohio St. 60. Iowa's offensive efficiency really surprised me, shooting 47% with 18 assists on their 26 field goals. More than half of Ohio St.'s shot attempts were 3s, not good.

So I gave you my bracket last night, and I was off by 3. I had Cincinnati, Hofstra, and Michigan in, while Air Force, Utah St., and George Mason were not in my bracket. Air Force is the real shocker, they didn't play anyone in their non-conference, they only played one team in the top 50. Utah St. was a layup away from the WAC tournament championship, I wasn't upset with their inclusion.

I think Tennessee should have been lower than a 2 seed. How they are seeded higher than North Carolina, Boston College, Florida, and Kansas is beyond me. Syracuse as a 5 (after being out basically) was a little high also.

Don't worry, there will be more bracket talk. I haven't started making my picks yet, but I'll start going through them tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links