Sunday, July 16, 2006

Scorching Hot

The last 2 days, temperatures have hit the mid-90s here, with another one on tap for tomorrow. When I got in my car this afternoon, I instantly started sweating it was that hot. I had a great workout in the heat yesterday and today I got to have dinner with a very close friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in almost 2 years. So it was a very good weekend, too bad it's over already.

The Tour is into its final week, which begins Tuesday with the climb up Alpe D'Huez. I don't like Floyd Landis's decision to give up the yellow jersey, it's dangerous giving up the jersey this late in the race. This tells me his team is tired and they don't have much left. Oscar Pereiro has the ability to climb, can he do it for 3 straight days, then ride the time trial of his life?

Surprisingly, gas prices didn't go up further this weekend with the continued fighting between Israel, Palestine, and Lebanon. So gas prices are where they should be, which doesn't make me feel any better since the price is $3/gallon. This week's economic reports will tell us more if the economy continued its slow down last month. The probability of a recession happening in the next year has jumped to 36%. Let's just hope this hurricane season is a quiet one.

I guess everyone's trying to copy Gwen Stefani. First Paris Hilton, now Jessica Simpson. I heard her new single and could've easily mixed her up with Gwen Stefani. Needless to say, the song didn't rock my world.

I thought I'd have much more to say, but I guess not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links