Monday, January 10, 2005

The First Manic Monday

Opening thought: A couple of years ago, every Wednesday night, my residence hall staff and I watched American Idol and the Bachelor. The girl who won, Jen, is now the bachelorette. I have to admit, I was a big fan of Jen, and she would be the kind of girl I think I would be happy to end up with (despite her being an OU grad). I'm glad she got rid of the drunk hair stylist from Kentucky, but keeping around the French guy, c'mon. So I will probably watch to see who ends up with her, plus it's something to watch during basketball commercials.

Mondays are the long days this semester with class at 10, 2, and 3:30, lasting until 6:10. It didn't last that long today at least, which gave me time to workout before dinner. The Spring Break workout regiment has begun, as the Rec was packed today. I'd rather run outside, but being in the middle of winter, the track will have to do for now. It was good to see the rest of my econ peeps; it should be another great semester being with them.

Now for my thoughts on basketball (probably a daily thing from now until the Championship):

  • Syracuse got their first quality win at Notre Dame tonight. They have a lot of experience, have two great players in Warrick and McNamara, rebound and defend. However, they have trouble scoring at times and are the worst free throw shooting team I've seen in awhile.
  • UConn is strong outside, but don't have much in the form of guards, evidenced in their loss at Oklahoma tonight.
  • A couple of upsets tonight from off the radar, Oral Roberts losing at Western Illinois, and Drake beating Texas A&M-CC.
Yup, a big basketball fan I am, but not professional basketball. That's a topic for another day.
Now, here are my NFL playoff picks: Falcons over the Vikings in the NFC, Colts over the Steelers in the AFC. The Colts win the Super Bowl. I know picking a Manning over Roethlisberger is not something I want to make a habit of, but my gut says the Colts will take it all (however, this is coming from a person who didn't win half of his college bowl picks, so take this with a grain of salt).

That's all I can come up with today, tomorrow if you're lucky, I'll discuss why college basketball is the greatest game there is.


1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Yeah, I think UConn really lost a lot after last season. They had some great guys in the backcourt last year, and they still are solid down low with guys like Boone and Villanueva, but I noticed they were lacking some good guards when IU played against em back at the beginning of December. Speaking of which, I'd love your thoughts on the win over the Badgers over the weekend if you had any. Haha. Keep it real bud.

January 11, 2005 at 7:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links