Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Pink is not my color

Opening thought: I know bright colors are in for guys, and I have recently bought yellow and orange shirts, but you will never catch me wearing anything pink. I don't think it's my color and I'd feel a little awkward with a pink shirt on. Plus, I've seen too many guys on this campus popping their pink shirted collar, which drives me crazy and really turns me off to pink.

Sadly, Andre Agassi lost in straight sets to Roger Federer last night. I did not stay up for the match, and it was probably good that I didn't. I slept really well, and I probably would've been grumpy if I had gotten up to watch Agassi basically suffer the same fate as everyone else in men's tennis has recently when they play Federer. I hope Agassi has one more major in him, so he can ride off into the sunset as did Sampras.

Time for hoops:

  • Illinois 75, Wisconsin 65. Something had to give tonight, and it ended up being Wisconsin, who couldn't match Illinois's final push in the last ten minutes. In those last ten minutes, you could feel Illinois's intensity grow, which enabled them to find another gear, one I haven't seen them reach in a few weeks. Jack Ingram hits back-to-back 3s, James Augustine gets loose for back-to-back dunks, and the Illini got to the foul line and converted down the stretch. Meanwhile, the shots that were falling for the Badgers early, didn't, and you're not going to win anywhere when you shoot 5/12 from the foul line. Wisconsin's effort level peaked in the first 10 minutes of the second half, but they got nothing from their bench, tiring out their starters in the end, which may be the reason why they missed some point blank looks in the last couple minutes. The Illini played with resiliency, heart, and toughness, things that weren't there against Iowa a week ago. They need to keep that up. It will be interesting to see how Wisconsin bounces back from this. Sometimes when a streak ends, a team loses some confidence and hits a bad patch.
  • Xavier 66, George Washington 65. What has happened to the Colonials? They have to be careful because if they continue to struggle in the weak A-10, they will play themselves out of the NCAA Tournament especially now that one of their quality win opponents, Maryland, is struggling.
  • Texas 80, Texas Tech 73. Bob Knight's team missed an opportunity to steal one against a short-handed Texas team. The Red Raiders are still in a good spot for an NCAA berth, but this would've put them in a really good position.
Only 16 people made it out of New Orleans in American Idol. 16!!!!! Of course, after watching the movie projectionist, the guy you couldn't understand, and the other less talented people, you could understand why.

In the Amazing Race, in a surprising elimination lag, Lori and Bolo, the professional wrestlers were eliminated after Lori failed to take her ticket with her to the last clue box, which dropped them from 2nd to 5th (last). What really cost them was after reaching the Detour (physical task) with a sizable lead, they left hanging on to 3rd place by a slim margin. This coming from the two who vowed at the start of the race that their physical prowess would dominate the race. Uhhh, not exactly. Kris and Jon are in 1st, and are my favorites to win. Plus, Kris is very attractive.

Unfortunately, I did not catch that new hit show "My Super Sweet 16", but I did catch the previews for next week and it looks like a doozy. The girl buys a J.Lo type dress that is open down the middle and gets carried in like Cleopatra on one of those moving thrones. But, at some point, her credit card gets rejected, so that should be interesting. Seriously, who gets carried in like a Princess to their birthday party????

We are a go for Indianapolis and the NCAA Tournament. If you'd still like to join, please inquire within because we'll be buying tickets this week probably, next at the latest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

thanks for the b-ball wrap-up as usual, and keep me posted on tourney details! I'm already stoked!

January 26, 2005 at 3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links