Monday, March 28, 2005

So, what do I talk about

No basketball to talk about, so what does this leave me? Well, let's see where I go with it. I was able to get through today's test and presentation ok, so we'll see what happens. The weather perked up late in the day, so I got an impromptu run in. It's supposed to be really nice the next couple of days, possibly reaching 70 Wednesday.

Finally, golf's 5th major ended as The Players Championship crowned Fred Funk as their winner, definitely the biggest win of his career. I didn't get to watch any of it, but as I understood, the wind blew, with sustained winds of 20 mph and gusts as high as 36 mph. This made the island green (17) play a half stroke over par, which is ridiculously hard. Bob Tway, major championship winner, took a 12 on 17, hitting 4 balls in the water. Any course that makes Tiger Woods shoot 75 and Phil Mickelson 77 is hard.

On the same exact fault line where the tsunami originated from an earthquake 3 months ago, there was yet another earthquake, registering 8.7 on the Richter scale, with aftershocks above 6.0 following. Thankfully, there was no 2nd tsunami, but unfortunately the death toll will be between 1,000 and 2,000. Please keep those people in your prayers and if you have any travel plans there, I'd reconsider for your own safety.

I watched the premiere of the new Bachelor. Think a classier MTV, with still a considerable amount of sluttyness. Yes, the girls are attractive, very attractive, but there doesn't appear to be much there, if you know what I mean. There's the girl who left because she was uncomfortable in the bar, but came back because she didn't get a chance to know the guy???? Pllllllease. Then, there was the swimsuit model who read him the poem in the 1st 2 minutes, the love poem at the rose ceremony, saying she had fallen in love with him after a week. Come on!!!! Then there was the Bachelor himself, very drunk in the bar with 8 girls on a group date. I just don't see himself settling down with anyone, especially anyone of these 23, 24 year olds.

So, I guess that leads me into what I'm looking for in a woman. I've been in 2 noteworthy relationships I guess I you could say. I don't consider them to have been serious, but we made it past the honeymoon period in both, so they were very significant. So after these 2 relationships, I think I have a pretty good idea now of what I want. So here's my ideal woman:

  • The first thing I notice is a girl's smile. If I find myself smiling just from them smiling, that gets me interested. That kind of a smile fills up the room with so much warmth, and I like that.
  • Next is probably hair. I have to admit, I usually go for brunettes with at least close to shoulder-length hair, but that doesn't mean I don't like blonds or red-heads. I like the way hair can fall over a girl's face in a certain way.
  • Third is probably eyes. I don't necessarily prefer a certain color, but I like women with engaging eyes.
  • She needs to be athletic, not buff or razor thin necessarily, but athletic enough that she takes care of herself, which shows self-respect and high self-esteem, and likes to work up a little sweat. If she can dance, that's a BIG bonus.
  • I'd like someone who I can have an intelligent conversation with, who's up to date with what's going on in the world, and can hold their own when in the company of educated people.
  • Yes, she'll need to be somewhat of a sports fan. I will gladly reduce my sports viewership, I know I'll be able to do it (because I have), but she needs to be interested in some of the things I'm in.
  • I need someone who is open with their thoughts and not afraid to share. I'm gonna tell you how I feel every day. You don't have to be like that, but you've gotta let me know what's going on in your mind and how you feel.
  • I don't think sexual chemistry is important. I think if you're meant to be together, that will all come in good time. I mean, think about it, there is great sexual chemistry in one-night stands, but there's nothing else.
So, I hoped I showed I'm more than just basketball, I'm very multi-dimensional. I don't know what made that come out tonight, it was going to come out eventually, but tonight felt right, I guess.

Anyway, tomorrow is an all day time series affair, fun, fun, fun.

Song of the Night: "My Dad's Gone Crazy", Eminem

Craving: My ENTIRE Easter basket, yessss!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those qualities sound reasonable to expect; I also think that all of those qualities are very likely to be attained in a relationship. Yet I also detect a degree of frustration. You have a whole world out there to find someone special. Besides, in the great big board game of my mind, called LIFE, I have found that frustration turns to patience, patience turns into faith, and faith turns into perfection. Me, I'm still on the patience-to-faith part of the game-board and waiting for my next "turn".

March 29, 2005 at 3:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links