Saturday, March 25, 2006

We're Halfway There

I'm excited I'm starting this before 11pm local time, I can actually take my time and collect my thoughts. 8 hours of sleep never felt so good. So of course the first thing I hear on tv this morning is that people who sleep an average of 6-7 hours per night live longer than those who sleep 8. So I guess I'm doing the right thing by not getting to bed when I should?

One national semifinal is set. The theme today: athleticism:

  • LSU 70, Texas 60. I've been saying along that Texas's guards were the key to their success. Well, they were 11/33 and scored 31 of their points, not scintillating, but they've played worse. Daniel Gibson single-handedly kept Texas in it down the stretch in regulation. But Texas's inside people, specifically Brad Buckman and LaMarcus Aldridge played soft. They settled for jump shots instead of taking it right at Tyrus Thomas and Glenn Davis. Aldridge was 2/14 for 4 points as Davis pushed him off the block time and time again. Texas got off to a good start, leading 9-2, but a Thomas follow up dunk changed the complexion of the game. As Duke did the other night, Texas got tentative inside offensively. At the other end, Texas played their soft zone, trying to deny the ball inside. Well, it didn't work haha. Davis was 11/19 for 26 points, Thomas 10/14 for 21 points. LSU only went 3/18 from 3, but they didn't have to shoot well because Thomas and Davis had their way inside. Again, all of the close games LSU played on the road have helped, they have learned how to win. They are going to be a tough out the way they defend, rebound, and intimidate inside.
  • UCLA 50, Memphis 45. Well, this game was uuuugly, neither team played very well, but in a way, UCLA executed their gameplan. They forced Memphis to play disciplined, half-court basketball, something they're not very good at, they'd rather run up and down the floor and play freely. And it's been awhile since Memphis had to bear down and focus, they didn't have to do this during conference play, their talent was always too much in the end. But UCLA matched up with them athletically and depth wise and made life difficult for them. UCLA did a good job of attacking the basket and getting to the foul line, although they kept Memphis in it with their inept foul shooting. Basically, the youth of both teams showed, with neither team having experienced a game and atmosphere like this before. Both teams had as many or more turnovers than field goals made. UCLA won but had 17 turnovers compared to 14 made field goals, yikes. But UCLA can guard you, and when you have that going for you, you don't have to be a great offensive team.

Actually, the best game I saw was the Michigan Class A Championship where Saginaw Arthur Hill beat Okemos 85-84 in double overtime, overcoming a 3 point deficit in the last 30 seconds. Okemos's Jonathan Jones scored 38 in a losing cause, including making 6/7 threes.

On the drive into the work, one of the things I look forward to is Sarah's Celebrity Dirt on 95.5 Mojo in the Morning. She has the inside scoop thanks to some sources I guess she has, and it makes for a good laugh. Let's see, Nick Lachey is hooking up with Kristin Cavallari from Laguna Beach, Eva Longoria is unhappy about the interview that quoted her saying she's the "teacher in the bedroom" with Tony Parker, Kevin Federline is trying to start his rap career while his first career, cheating on wives is still going strong, and Lindsay Lohan is just, well, a very lost soul. She doesn't want to be the party girl, yet she's the party girl. I love all of their "statements" also, it must be nice to have a publicist.

4 years ago, we had Britney, Christina, Jessica, and Mandy. Britney is now pregnant all the time, Christina can sing, but she's disappeared, Jessica is trying to show she's smart, and Mandy may actually have a real life. I like the chances of Kelly, Gwen, and Alicia surviving than the previous 4 as a group. One good thing Jessica did was when she imitated Britney in an American Idol spoof on SNL. That was good.

Once basketball is over, I'm going to get back into reading in my spare time. I've lost track on how many books I'm behind. My collection looks impressive though, I just need to read some of these haha.

I'm still working out 4-5 times a week, after work and usually on Sunday. I wish I had a better routine, but this is the best I'll be able to do. I can't wait until it gets warmer and I can run outside again, my back is not a fan of the treadmill, let's just say that. I can't wait to hit the links again also, I'm getting the urge.

Tomorrow is the Charity Basketball Shootout at the Palace. Hopefully I don't lay an egg and make a couple from downtown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links