Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I like that sweet music

Tonight, I'm going to dive into my interesting and differing tastes for music. I'm going to try and come up with different moods that I find myself in and match them with the appropriate song.

Best Day Ever: "Oh Happy Day", Sister Act 2. When all is right in the world, what better way to celebrate life and be thankful for it is to listen to a little gospel.

Get Happy: "I Can't Help Myself", Four Tops. If you find yourself kinda down, listen to this or any Four Tops/Temptations song and you'll find yourself smiling and forgetting about what's getting you down.

When You're Falling in Love: "My Boo", Usher and Alicia Keys. This song emphasizes the little things in life. When you're with someone, all that matters is that awesome feeling that fills you up inside when you're around them or just thinking about them.

When You're Frustrated With a Relationship: "Set Me Free", the Supremes. Perfect song for releasing all your frustrations that have built up inside. It makes you feel stronger that you're doing the right thing and there's something better out there for you.

Ultimate Slow Dance Song: "I'll Make Love To You", Boyz II Men. As this song plays, you find yourself trading off dancing for cuddling, holding, and eventually kissing. It leads to one of those Teddy P moments, "close the door, dim the lights...."

Dance In Your Chair Song: "The Way You Move", Outkast. You start stomping your feet, then the rhythm enters your hands and you start clapping to the beat. Then you find yourself bobbing your head. Before you know it, you're dancing and moving every part of your body possible, while still in your chair.

Get Pumped/Ready to Go Out Song: "Shut Up", Black Eyed Peas. By the time this song is over, you feel like you're out already. In addition, this song has to appear somewhere since I have some history with it. Those who know me know what I'm talking about. If you don't, I'll fill you in.

Stress-Reliever Song: "I Hate Myself For Lovin' You", Joan Jett. Think of the commercial with the frog with only the drums playing in the background. If you're stressed, just bang something or hit something really hard that goes the drum rhythm. You'll feel better afterward, trust me.

Roll Down Your Window/Turn Up the Bass Song: "Disco Inferno", 50 Cent. I don't think I need to explain why, it's that type of song.

That Song You Don't Like But You Still Listen To: "2 Legit 2 Quit", M.C. Hammer. Oh come on, you know you liked Hammer when you were in elementary school, don't deny it.

When You're Outside Just Relaxing: "My Cherie Amour", Stevie Wonder. If only I had a little porch, these last couple of days I would have sat outside and listened to Stevie Wonder. No other artist relaxes me more.

Ok, so that's just a sample. If you hadn't already guessed, I prefer Motown because of its smoothness and soul, Disco because of its funk and quick beats, 80s music because it's original, old-school hip-hop because of the beat and the flow to it, and some rap/pop if it's good quality, creative, and doesn't have that bubble gum sound to it if it's pop, or if it's too gangsta rap.

I like some alternative, but not a lot because as I've found, I like music that's got that underlying bass to it that keeps it altogether. With a lot of alternative, it's just a guitar and the guy singing; I need a little more. Country music doesn't fly either with me. The songs tell the dumbest stories in my opinion. Of course, I can't really relate to a lot of the things country music talks about, so that doesn't help either.

Now, this is just my opinion. Don't take it as right or wrong, just my personal taste in music. Maybe we'll talk movies next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links