Monday, June 20, 2005

I think 24 is a nice, solid number

Well, Phoenix is no longer in my future, it was one and done with America West Airlines and their pricing division. It bothers me in the sense that this is the first negative thing that's happened in the last 3 months or so, that's the kind of roll I've been on lately. Overall, Ernst & Young was my pick from the start if I were offered at both, so nothing changes there. It's funny the email from America West said, "I'm glad I got to know more about you as a person...." when the guy really didn't. It was very impersonal, which turns me off. The job sounded great, it would've utilized everything I've learned, but the interview didn't impress me. That hasn't been the case in my 2 interviews with Ernst & Young. Both gentlemen have been cordial, and they have been more like conversations than interviews. So my fingers are crossed, but I'm still applying away.

In less than an hour, I officially become a twentysomething as I enter the mid-20s. Turning 24 feels like I've graduated from college-age and am now a full fledged adult. For the first time, I feel in all areas of my life I'm at least 24. This past year, I grew up in a lot of areas and am turning into the person I want to be. It wasn't like I was far away, but now I feel the foundation is there that will carry me through the next stage of my life, beginning my professional career and eventually starting a family. This year was the best thing that could've happened to me, seriously. Focusing 100% on my schoolwork, learning to live by myself and support myself, remaining single, reconnecting with friends, and regaining my top-notch mental and physical conditioning (down to 203 by the way, 22 pounds gone since Winter break!!!!) has left me thrilled with how the last year has gone. It's been pretty difficult at times, and there have been moments I'd like to forget, but it's all been for the better. Thank you to those who have stayed close friends and supported me when I needed it. If I don't say it enough, thank you.

Since the new year and my birthday fall so far apart, it gives me two good chances to reflect on life. I'm sure I'll hear a lot of "you're so old", but I don't look at it that way. Losing 22 pounds, finishing my formal education and possibly on the verge of starting my career, where else would you want to be???? The best is still ahead of me; that gets me really excited. Sure, the road won't be easy, but any road worth traveling isn't supposed to be easy. I enjoy the challenges that come my way, seeing how I stack up against them. I enjoy the process of becoming better at what I do and becoming a better person. It's a very exciting time indeed.

41 minutes until my birthday, 12 days until the Tour.

Song: "Sexual Healing", Marvin Gaye. Sorry to burst all of your bubbles, but this doesn't imply anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links