Wednesday, June 08, 2005

What is today?

I'm losing my mind, all day I've kept thinking today was Thursday, then constantly reminding myself it's actually Wednesday.

It may be part into the exciting things that are happening around here. First, I've got an interview upcoming with Ernst & Young, my first real opportunity (and not a bad one), so I'm looking forward to that. Second, I'm now officially in rough draft mode of my exit paper, so I'm still on track to finish in July, so that's going really well also. Last, but not certainly least, one of my old friends sent me a wonderful little note yesterday morning. She went to Miami, graduated 2 years ahead of me, but while here, we were, and still are best friends, when we keep in touch. Now, she lives in Colorado, which has made it hard (especially when I lost her email, oops), but everytime we talk, it's as if we've never parted ways, and that I consider special. That's the definition of true friendship, no matter where you are, you're still willing to show that other person how much you mean to them, even if you haven't spoken in awhile.

Just a couple of things to mention tonight:

  • My birthday has been further scarred. Not only will the TV show "I Want to be a Hilton" start that night, so will the new Real World which is set in Austin. I must say Austin is a very interesting choice, but they could hold it anywhere and you'll still get the same storylines. The show is becoming a broken record. How many hookups, shouting matches, drunken brawls, and slackers can you watch?
  • Today was a huge day for Lance Armstrong, as we got to see how he has progressed in his training since the Tour of Georgia. In Georgia, specifically the individual time trial, which is when riders ride by themselves as fast as they can over a certain distance, Lance struggled, finishing 2 minutes behind eventual winner Floyd Landis. Today was the time trial in the Dauphine Libere, over similar terrain as to the one in Georgia, maybe even a little tougher. Lance placed 3rd, but only 26 seconds behind winner Santiago Botero and beat Landis by 13 seconds. So while Lance isn't on peak form yet, that's ok because you want to be on peak form during the Tour de France, and Lance showed he is on his way. In the overall race standings, American Levi Leipheimer is the new leader, leading Botero by 11 seconds and Lance by 30 seconds. Tomorrow is the climb up to Mont Ventoux, possibly Lance's last climb up the Giant of Provence.
  • I am convinced that baseball players are the biggest wusses. First you had Carlos Zambrano of the Cubs complaining of a hurt elbow due to computer overuse. Then, this week you had Clint Barmes of the Rockies trip coming up the stairs as he was carrying groceries, cracking his collarbone. Now, come on, I've tripped over the stairs while carrying in groceries, and I've never injured myself, let alone cracking my collarbone. Just another reason why baseball isn't one of my favorite sports. If the players actually worked out and got in shape, maybe some of these freak injuries wouldn't occur.
13 days until my birthday, 23 days until the Tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links