Monday, May 23, 2005

What a feeling

I rarely watch Oprah, but today I tuned in because Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were on the program. Cruise was promoting War of the Worlds, but most of the talk centered around him and his new lover. Cruise has been private about his personal affairs in the past, but he is the polar opposite when it comes to Ms. Katie. Throughout the show, at any mention of her name, he went crazy, jumping on couches, screaming, pumping his fist, things I'd never seen before. When he talked about why he did such things, it was because of the way she makes him feel. He appears to be a man in love.

I'm sitting there, thinking, this is how I picture true love to be. I want to be excited, not insanely excited, but I want to be able to feel that raw emotion through me 24/7. I can't wait to feel that, because I haven't had that kind of feeling yet. I've been able to describe all of the emotions I've felt at one time or another, and this particular emotion is undescribable, hence Cruise stumbling over his words when trying to describe his feelings. Anyway, today gave me some encouragement there are women out there with that kind of energy I'm looking for, the kind of energy that's infectious and makes you want to be a better person, not holding you back from reaching that level.

Anyway, here are some other things going on:

  • Danny Graves was designated for assignment by the Reds after another poor performance yesterday. When removed from the game, Graves gave an offensive hand gesture to a fan, who was yelling at him. Being designated for assignment basically means the Reds don't want him anymore and some other team can pick him up. Finally, the Reds saw the light and let him go. He was terribly overrated as a closer.
  • In French Open action, the only surprise was a major one. Defending champ Anastasia Myskina lost in 3 sets, getting bageled in the last one. Tomorrow, Roddick, Agassi, and Sharapova are in action.
  • Paula Creamer became the youngest golfer to win an LPGA event, winning the Sybase classic at the age of 18. Creamer is doing what Michelle Wie should do, which is show you can beat the women before taking on the men. Creamer dominated junior golf, winning 19 times before moving onto the LPGA, where she is 4th on the money list as a rookie. Michelle Wie is very talented, but she needs to learn how to win if she's going to become successful in the future. She needs to show she can beat girls her own age, let alone beating older men and women.
  • How could I forget the return of the Muppets on Friday night in the Muppets' Wizard of Oz??? This was the Muppets' first venture since being acquired by Disney, and I thought the movie was one of the better Muppet movies in recent years. There's still room for improvement, but it was certainly better than anything done since Muppets Take Manhattan. I was disappointed that the Swedish Chef didn't get a bigger part.
G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links