Thursday, September 22, 2005

It's All In The Hips

Yours truly managed to strain his left hip playing tennis today. Today was warm and windy, and I was hitting into the wind. I love hitting into the wind because I can swing away and really grind it out. Well, I swung too hard and my left hip buckled, scaring me a little bit. But after a quick stretch, it was loose enough to continue playing, where it bothered me a little bit, but not too much. Of course afterwards it's tightened up and it's hard getting up. But don't worry, this has happened so many times to me. I'll probably be ready to go for my running workout tomorrow. A little more stretching, a hot shower to get it loose tomorrow, and I'll be good to go.

Overall, this week has been good because the monotony was broken up. I got to have lunch with Earlham's newest Area Director (haha) today, which was good times. I was going to hit the links tomorrow, but rain is in the forecast, so I'll be watching golf most likely instead of playing it.

Thankfully, Hurricane Rita is no longer a Cat 5, but it is still a strong Cat 4 (140mph winds). Again, you can't help but feel for the people from the Gulf Coast. Today, most of them sat in traffic, going 1 mile per hour. 1 mile?!?!?! Some ran out of gas and had to abandon their cars because once you got on the highway, you couldn't get off. I just can't imagine. Let's hope Rita weakens a little more, but it will still make landfall as a major hurricane.

Tonight began the new season of my 2nd favorite reality show, The Apprentice. Guys vs. girls, and the guys prevailed by $11 in Task 1. Both teams had to create a fitness class at a Bally's outlet in New York. Absent-minded Marcus the inventor, somehow shut up long enough to lead his team to the win. I kind of feel for the guy though since as an inventor, he's usually stuck in his lab for long amounts of time, so he's probably rarely around people. This is his big chance to meet new people, and he's probably so excited and nervous, his talking is a release of his nervous energy. But Melissa didn't shut her trap enough, and was an easy fire for the Donald. Even though Kristi was a weak leader, it's hard to deal with someone as negative as her. Melissa thought she was the greatest thing since sliced bread, "Women are jealous of me because I'm so intelligent and beautiful." Honey, you aren't that beautiful, and saying, "I can't work with women" in front of the Donald doesn't make you intelligent. Buh-bye.

I don't have a favorite yet (I was right about Kendra last season), but I do have a favorite to look at. Jennifer Murphy, Miss Oregon USA and top 10 finalist for Miss USA. Woooooowwwwwwww.

Eh, I don't really feel like talking about Survivor tonight, so sorry if I disappointed anyone out there.

Today was the 1st day of Fall, which means just 23 days remain until Midnight Madness!!!! Can you believe it, it's almost time to throw it up and start the Road to the Final Four.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links