Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Columbus Day?

Today was the observance of Columbus Day, the official holiday is Wednesday. This is the holiday I don't get. Think about it. Christopher Columbus was trying to find India. Well, I think it's fair to say he didn't find India. He probably thought, "Oh, I didn't find India, but I found...the West Indies, that's right." So we're giving credit to a guy who made one of the biggest mistakes in history??? We're also giving credit to a guy who discovered something THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN DISCOVERED!!!! A guy by the name of Leif Erickson (maybe you've heard of him), discovered America about 500 years earlier. So it should be Leif Erickson Day instead of Columbus Day. Do we celebrate Neville Chamberlain's Munich Peace Accord that was another mistake? Nope. Do we celebrate the captain of the Titanic (John Smith?) for ordering the boat to go too fast through an iceberg-filled ocean. Nope. So, I say we make this day Leif Erickson day and give the guy his due.

Tonight in Monday Night Football, those 4 magic words were said for the first time. Ben Roethlisberger, Miami University. Each starter gets to say his name and what school he went to. Big Ben had a big game: 17/26, 225 yards, 1 TD, and a rushing TD as well. He went 6/6 in the 4th quarter, leading the Steelers from behind to win. But, he left the game in the final minute after suffering a blow to his left knee. He left the field on a cart, which isn't good. As vaunted as the Steeler running game is, it wasn't there tonight. Big Ben was the main reason why Pittsburgh won tonight. I still have to remind myself I watched this guy for 3 years live and in living color. Even in his first game at the Big House, he was making plays with his mobility, firing the ball all over the place. I'm just hoping his injury isn't too serious.

4 days until Midnight Madness and the official beginning of the college basketball season. Don't worry, there will be previews to get you ready for the season.

I got a glimpse of Keira Knightley on Leno. Two words: whoa baby. She was looking good, trust me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

America Online Acquires Weblogs, Inc.
America Online, Inc. has announced that is has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Weblogs, Inc.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! Its so nice. How you make this ???

I have a
best penis enlargement pill
site. It pretty much covers best penis enlargement pill related stuff.
I hope everybody come to my sites... many features there..and freeby too... :)
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

October 10, 2005 at 9:56 PM

 
Blogger Brad said...

nice blog spam!!

and glad to see you're enjoying Keira's looks, I've loved her for years it seems...

October 11, 2005 at 10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links