Thursday, September 29, 2005

Rewind

The last 2 days have been nothing but fabulous. Yesterday, I went down to Oxford for the Battle for the Bell between Miami and Cincinnati. I played golf at Hueston Woods with a very good friend of mine. I thank him for his patience as my game is in full renovation mode right now. Gone are the low rounds of summer as I'm back to trying to figuring things out. I'm still going to get out and play a couple of times, hopefully ending the year on a good note. Then, I met up with my bro for some dinner and the game. It was good to see him and spend time with him. Miami rolled 44-16 in the game, winning the Bell for the 4th time in the last 5 years. Cincinnati is very young, especially on defense and Miami took advantage of that. Josh Betts threw for 359 yards, Brandon Murphy rushed for 120, and the defense forced 5 turnovers in a convincing victory.

Today, I got to see someone I hadn't in three loooong years. It's been awhile now, but I posted what my ideal woman would possess. Well, this woman pretty much has the entire package. She is intelligent, beautiful (inside and out), kind, and fills you up with warmth. We've been through a lot together, which has made us the best of friends. We've never been "together", but I love her more than I've loved anyone (outside my family). I don't think we'll ever end up together, because she lives out West and we seem to be on different paths, but I KNOW we'll always be there for one another. I don't have to drag feelings out of her, she lets you know how she feels. Just being with her, I am more hopeful and more optimistic about my future.It had been three years since we had last seen one another, but it didn't feel like it all. We really are like peas and carrots. I get goosebumps just thinking about her. I am so glad I was able to see her today, it made my month and is a Top 10 moment of the year.

Today is a day I wish I could live over and over again, it was beautiful. Beautiful weather and beautiful company, what more can you ask for???

Alrighty, the Amazing Race: Family Edition premiered Tuesday and it looks to be a winner. They could show the Paolo family the entire show. Constant arguing between the sons and their mom. I feel bad for the mom, she can't get two words in over her boys. The Black family was eliminated, losing time on the crossing of the Delaware River. They had 2 young boys that competed hard, which had to make it even harder to be the first ones eliminated.

In tonight's Apprentice, in another car competition, the men got cocky and lost. The women were tough, and so was their ad campaign and commercial. Meanwhile, the men had to explain everything and poor Marcus was excluded from everything. Yeah, he's a spaz, but he's smart. Although smart, project manager Chris made a dumb move in only bringing Marcus to the boardroom when Mark's ad campaign was horrific. That dumb move was enough to get him fired.

Tomorrow night is the big rivalry game between Northmont and Vandalia-Butler. Recently, it's been all Northmont as Butler football has been down the last several years, reversing the trend of when I was in high school. The rivalry is heated to say the least. After a Northmont victory, Butler's victory bell was vandalized. A couple of years later, Butler students vandalized Northmont's field, making a huge B at midfield that couldn't be removed, so the "B" was there all year.

Of course, I was big into the rivalry when I was in high school. Whenever Butler was on the schedule, I wanted the win badly. I remember dancing at midcourt after we beat them in basketball senior year. Later that year in tennis, I played a freshman, who after losing the first set badly, hit a good shot and let out a roar with a fistpump. Well, on the very next point, I hit a winner and did the same exact thing. I won the match 6-1, 6-2, so needless to say, he was quiet the rest of the match.

That's all I've got for tonight, can you believe tomorrow is the last day of September????

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're Agog For Blogs, So Where's The Bling-Bling
It probably comes as no surprise to those who regularly search the Web, but Forrester reported yesterday that the number of consumers who read blogs once a week or more has doubled since last year.
I thought this website would be helpful

September 29, 2005 at 8:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links