Monday, November 28, 2005

Pride and Prejudice.....and Keira Knightley

You couldn't pay me enough to read or watch something Jane Austen wrote. I dreaded the days when my mom watched "Pride and Prejudice", all 5 hours of it. But, my feelings changed when I saw that Keira Knightley would star in the latest version of the Jane Austen novel. I thought to myself, at some point, I might actually watch this. Little did I know I would see it so soon. Mom wanted to go see it, Brother and I wanted to see Keira Knightley, and Dad had no choice. And there I was, caught up in the story, not just Keira Knightley. I defintiely recommend you seeing it, it is worth your time. Donald Sutherland did a good job of playing Mr. Bennett. I didn't think Sutherland was capable of being funny in anything, but he made me chuckle a couple of times.

And of course, Keira Knightley was sensational and sexy. I can't help but smiling when she does, the way she puts her teeth together is unlike anyone else when they smile, it makes you pay attention to her. In addition, the way she speaks with an attitude, which comes across as flirtatious sometimes is very sexy. So thank you Keira for capping my wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

Saturday night, our basketball team, along with the freshmen and varsity, faced Greenville, with each team scrimmaging for a half. It's safe to say when the lights come on, our boys play. Earlier in the day, we scrimmaged Wapakoneta and Hilliard Darby and played them evenly, both being good teams. We played decently, not bad but not great either. But Saturday night showed what we are capable of. In a half mind you, which is 14 minutes, we outscored the Green Wave 42-12. 42 points in 14 minutes!!!! Greenville's an ok team, but they're not terrible. The parents afterwards treated us like we were Red Auerbach. Even as coaches, we looked at each other afterwards and collectively said, "Wow." The season opens for us Saturday at home vs. Meadowdale.

And how about Da Bears?!?!?! 7 in a row after squeaking out a 13-10 win at Tampa Bay. This team is playing the NFL version of Tressel-ball. Play good defense, stay sound in the kicking game, and get lucky at the end. And yes, this defense might be better than the 85 Bears. The front 7 are just as good, if not better. The secondary makes more plays than the 85 Bears from my recollection.

A week from today, I'll be interviewing in Detroit, so this week I'll be getting ready for that. I may be making an appearance at the Michigan/Miami hockey game in Oxford Friday night. Both teams are ranked in the top 10, Michigan was #1 before losing twice this past weekend.

And if you haven't noticed, the Holiday season has begun, but for some it began a couple of weeks ago. There's a radio station in Cincinnati that started their Christmas music marathon about 3 weeks ago. Yikes. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas music, but starting in early November???? No thanks. I don't need to hear every version of The Christmas Song because some need to be forgotten.

I will say I heard one of my favorites this weekend, Sleigh Ride, the orchestra version. It was my favorite to play in high school band. You low brass, low woodwinds players know the part I'm talking about, the part that sounds like "Let's Go Band". When we got to that part, I would play as loud as humanly possible.

Talk to y'all later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty, give me a call on Friday when you come for the hockey game, I'll need someone to sit with.

November 30, 2005 at 7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links