Monday, February 27, 2006

Milkaholic

You may remember the story about the Florida Marlins bat boy who bet one of the players he could drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour without vomiting (he was suspended for 6 games). Well, I could put him to shame because nothing beats a cold glass of milk for me. I drink it like it's my job. I have at least 3 glasses for dinner, 2 glasses with dessert, and milk in my cereal. Now, I used to be nothing but a 2% drinker, but I made the transition to skim a couple of years ago when I started to change my diet. Now, I drink nothing but skim, and when I have to drink 2%, it tastes like coffee cream. I wonder how much money my parents spent on buying milk, because I probably went through at least 3 gallons a week.

Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday, so after my workout, I will have my last cheeseburger/french fries meal for 40 days. I have a $10 gift card, and I will probably use it all. Hey, gotta go all out right. That also means I will probably Super Size my extra value meal for the first time in a looooong time (again, another effect of my calorie counting). After I decided to give up burgers and fries, I've had the song, "Cheeseburger In Paradise" stuck in my head. I know, weird.

And have you read about the former French astronaut who wants to parachute from the edge of outer space down to Earth, a distance of 25 miles, which would break the record of 19. The French had planned to do this officially, but they scrapped the plan. It hasn't stopped the astronaut originally scheduled to jump, who subsequently retired so he could try and do it on his own. He's raised more than $12 million on his own to try and this. This guy is no spring chicken, he's now 72!!!!!!!

Of course the begging question is, WHY?!?!?!!?

It's a hoops-free night, probably the last until the Madness is over. Oh by the way, March 1st is Wednesday. Bring it on, I'm ready!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links