Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I only have good days and great days, this was definitely a great day.

And that quote from Lance Armstrong is so true. There's too much going on in the world that can make you smile, so why get down on yourself???

Here is why my smile was extra big today:

  • I was a machine at work today. Got a lot done and am finding out some interesting stuff.
  • It was 45 degrees here today, which felt like 65. When I stepped outside early in the morning to start my trek into work, it wasn't cold, it was, dare I say, balmy. Spring is oh so close, yet so far, especially after this rain/sleet/freezing rain/snow moves in tomorrow. But today's weather was great.
  • I have been asked to participate in a charity basketball tournament that will be held at The Palace sometime in April. The tournament will consist of me and 3 kids under the age of 18 ( I think) trying to make as many baskets within a 90 second period. Single-elimination tournament (a lot of teams participate I've heard so there will be a lot of rounds), last team standing wins. It will take place after a Pistons game. I will get to play basketball in an NBA arena!!!!! How awesome is that!!!!! I've gotten to play in multiple college arenas, but this by far tops all of those. I can't wait. And of course I'll be trying to help my team win, but what really matters is that it's all for a good cause and it should be great fun hanging with these kids, who will probably be feeling many of the same nervous/anxious feelings I will.
  • Workout was awesome, I continue to feel really good. Hopefully the remainder of my stitches come out tomorrow so I can get back to my running/lifting combo.
  • And, Miami demolished Ohio University 65-54 to stay in the MAC title hunt. It's always a good day when Ohio University goes down and goes down hard.

Remember the test I took in Chicago for a Bureau of Economic Analysis job about 3 months ago??? Well, I got something in the mail from them today, and I figured, finally, my results!!!! Not so much. In fact, it was an invitation to come and take another test in a couple of weeks. What??????? I tell you, "What in the heck is going on down there???" Sorry BEA, I've already got a job, a great one as a matter of fact.

ESPN is now reporting that Eddie Sutton will resign in the wake of his DUI citation. Sutton is one of the career win leaders in college hoops, but he will never rank in my list of the best coaches of all time. Sutton was a big reason why Kentucky was guilty of NCAA violations in the late 80s, and he still continued to recruit marginal players and junior college transfers while at Oklahoma St. I think there is no excuse for a coach who is guilty of DUI. He needs to be setting a good example for his players, not a bad one. What's with the older coaches and their drinking habits??? Bob Huggins, Frank Solich, now Eddie Sutton??? If coaching is making you drink too heavily, maybe it's time to get out while you can.

And in other sports news:

  • Congrats to Bucknell for winning their first game as a Top 25 team. Sometimes, the moment can overwhelm you, but obviously the Bison are too experienced to let that happen.
  • Cincinnati 82, Syracuse 65. This took place at Syracuse mind you and UC is short-handed to say the least. Syracuse, with all that physical talent and athleticism are missing one thing: basketball players. Can you spell N-I-T??? That's where it looks like you're going Orange Nation.
  • Watch out for Tennessee next month, I'm dead serious. Bruce Pearl's trapping, fast-paced style will give teams fits, just as he did with his UW-Milwaukee teams.
  • Penn St. 71, Indiana 68. Whoa!!!!! Mike Davis, you want to get out of town while you're still alive. Only 10 points and 8 boards for Marco Killingsworth. The last couple of times I've seen him he looks tired. He hasn't played a full season in a couple of years and it's showing. You can be in great physical shape, but not have the game shape to match it, and that's what Killingsworth is learning.
  • Wisconsin came back to beat Ohio St. after trailing the Bucks by 9 at the half. The Big 10, you never know what you're going to get. Is this Wisconsin's week, they're due for a turn as the team of the week.
  • Has the bubble ever been this big?????

And I was encouraged by today's industrial production report. Yes, it went down .2%, but that was due to utilities falling 10%, which is beneficial to consumers. Manufacturing was solid, growing at a .7% rate.

Remember, any statements on the economy I make do not reflect the official position of the Federal Reserve in any way, or any other statements I make on any other subject for that matter. I thought I should put that disclaimer in there.

Have a great evening, catch ya later.

1 Comments:

Blogger LauraSuz said...

A guy did see my blog! And yes you're right, being spoiled would be nice. My Dad has given me a red rose every valentine's day since I was in preschool. So I guess I already have been spoiled. Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things about you too. Mike is proud of you and all your accomplishments. Good luck with the new job. Cheers.

February 16, 2006 at 7:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links