Monday, April 10, 2006

And Life Has Slowed Down...

When college hoops ends, there is a void, but it frees me up to do other things. Tomorrow I'll be playing some basketball, the 5on5 variety, for the first time in awhile. If teams are hand-picked, I'll probably be one of the last ones picked, if not the last. I'm new, I'm short, and I wear my glasses when I play. I'm the ultimate ringer haha, just like Woody Harrelson's character in White Men Can't Jump. The same thing happened to me at Miami, but after making a few shots, I am no longer picked last. Hopefully the same thing happens tomorrow, but I'm just looking forward to playing.

I've begun to do my research for the NFL Draft and I've read up on the quarterbacks. I don't like it that Matt Leinart doesn't seem to be working as hard as he possibly can. I think he's a good leader with a good arm, not a great arm. When he tried to zip balls into tight places, he wasn't very accurate. And, was he the product of having good talent around him??? The best fit for him would be Tennessee and reuniting with Norm Chow. Jay Cutler will probably come off the board next and will be a top 10 pick. He could go to Tennessee if the Jets trade up for the #2 pick and get Matt Leinart. If that doesn't happen, I think he'll be taken by Arizona at #10. Then there's Vince Young. The guy can compete and he's a super athlete, but that doesn't always translate over to the pros. If he's there at #17 for the Vikings, he's going to Minnesota. But someone may go after him because it's just hard to completely ignore what he did in the Rose Bowl.

In the later rounds, good picks would be: Kellen Clemens from Oregon, Paul Pinegar, Fresno St., Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson, and Drew Olson, UCLA. I'd be worried if your team drafted: Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green, Bruce Gradkowski, Toledo, or Marcus Vick, Virginia Tech.

Tonight, ABC premiered a made for TV version of The Ten Commandments. I'm sorry, but there's only one version of The Ten Commandments in my book. Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner can not be touched (sorry Omar Sharif). Yes it's a little old, but The Ten Commandments is to Easter as It's A Wonderful Life is to Christmas. You don't mess with tradition.

NASA is targeting the year 2018 to send astronauts to the moon. "Astronauts to the Moon? Hahahahaha?" Sorry, I immediately thought of "Coneheads" when I read that. But anyway, NASA plans on crashing a probe into the moon in 2009 to determine if there is ice and/or vapor there I guess as the start of this project. I wonder what it was like in 1969 to watch the live landing of the astronauts on the moon. At the time watching it, it must've been amazing and incomprehensible.

I'm watching the Apprentice and the reward for the winning team was breakfast with Sen. Schumer in Washington DC, and it reminded me of my trip there before Christmas. After my job interview in Silver Spring, I had some time so I took the Metro into to the Mall so I could walk around. I know I talked about this people, but those couple of free hours I had to myself were special. Even when I flew in the day before into Dulles, we had to circle the airport, so I got to see the White House, Washington Monument, Capitol, everything from the air, which was thrilling.

See you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links