Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heat Wave

I don't know if it made it to 100 degrees here today, at 4pm it was 98 with a heat index of 106 so I'm guessing it did. As I write this, it's 89 with a heat index of 99. At 9:43pm!!!!! My air conditioner isn't helping much, it's 80 in my apartment. I don't know how people without A/C survive in this, I'm very uncomfortable right now. It's ONLY supposed to get up to 95 tomorrow before some thunderstorms move in tomorrow night and highs fall back into the 80s Thursday.

I'm trying to remember the last time it was this hot. I remember landing in Phoenix in the summer and it was 126, so that's by far the warmest. But 110-ish heat indexes, I can't really remember another day like this. Back in the day at Alter basketball camp playing on the blacktop it might've been this hot one year, but normally the hottest it'll get will be 95 with 105 heat indexes. I took a cold shower after my workout and was still sweating afterwards. I like summer, but this is a little much.

Today being August 1st means the countdown to football season is officially on. Miami opens at home with Northwestern in 30 days. There is no USC-like team this year. They will be one of the contenders. How can they not be with all of the talent they have. Ohio St., Texas, and Notre Dame are contenders also, but all will have to make up for key players lost to graduation and/or the NFL. Texas lost Vince Young, Notre Dame needs to play better defense, and Ohio St. needs to replace theirs. The talent is there in all cases, it will come down to who comes around the fastest. Texas and Ohio St. won't have much time to do so since they play in Austin in September in the return match from last year. Oklahoma could sneak in there as their youngsters from last year now have a year of experience and Adrian Peterson seems to be healthy.

Stay cool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

detroit isn't the only hot place. geeze.

August 17, 2006 at 7:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links