Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Holiday Favorites

Besides spending time with family and friends, here are some other reasons why I look forward to the holiday season:

Favorite Christmas carols:

  • Sleigh Ride, as I mentioned yesterday
  • Mariah Carey, "All I Want For Christmas Is You". I play this song all year round, it puts me in a good mood. I played it before an 8th grade basketball game, where we were 0-3 going into the game. We won and I scored 23 points, so it also works as a good luck charm.
  • Beach Boys, "Lil Saint Nick".
  • Mitch Miller, "Must Be Santa".
  • Muppets, "Christmas Is Coming" and "It's In Every One of Us". The latter is actually called by something else but I can't remember at this time.

Favorite Christmas specials:

  • Muppet Christmas Special, not to be confused with the Muppet Christmas Carol. In the Muppet Christmas Special, they all go to Fozzie's Mom's house where later on Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock join them.
  • California Raisin Claymation Special. If anyone happens to know where to find this on DVD, let me know!!!!!!
  • Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer. Yes, the one that was made in the 1950s with the Abominable and the Island of Misfit Toys. "Nobody wants a Charlie in the Box!!!!!!"
  • Garfield's Christmas. "And once again, Binky the Clown saves Christmas!!!!"

Favorite Christmas movies:

  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  • A Christmas Story. Yes, I watch it all day long Christmas Day
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Miracle on 34th Street, older version. I think if I grew up at the time this movie were made, I'd have a big crush on Natalie Wood.
  • Love Actually. Not really a Christmas movie per se, but since it ends on Christmas Eve, I'll include it.
  • Ernest Saves Christmas. Not joking. This is the best Ernest movie of them all. "O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree."
  • Christmas in Connecticut. Another golden oldie.

Other great Holiday Things:

  • Going to church on Christmas Eve
  • Christmas Cookies, and let me tell you our house is the king of Christmas cookies.
  • Christmas Ham
  • Still getting up at 7am to open up presents.

I'm sure I've left some things off, I'm sure I remember them as the holiday season progresses. My laptop is getting devirused, so hopefully it'll be back to full strength when I get it back later today/early tomorrow. The sudden 70 degree weather has triggered my sinuses, so today I have a stuffy nose, which is just great. Hopefully it's gone before my trip to Motown early next week.

Ohio University football coach Frank Solich pleaded no contest to DUI charges. Solich was discovered asleep behind the wheel of his car, which was parked illegally. He refused a breathilizer and was arrested around 10pm last Saturday. Man Frank, out by 10pm, even the college kids have trouble doing that. Not bad for a 61 year old. I guess we should now refer to Coach Solich as "Frank The Tank, and you know it!!!!!!" Again, that is why OU deserves to be made fun of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links