Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What is Integrity?

According to Webster, integrity can mean:
1. the quality or state of being complete; unbroken condition; wholeness; entirety
2. the quality or state of being unimpaired; perfect condition; soundness
3. the quality or state of being of sound moral principle; uprightness, honesty, and sincerity

According to Miss Teen Montana, integrity means being driven, doing whatever it takes to succeed no matter what, I believe those were her words.

Her definition could almost mean the opposite of integrity. Young beauty queens, oh boy. Granted, she's only 15, 16, 17, something like that, but I think at that age you should know the definition of integrity cold.

So of course, Montana WON?!?!?!!?! So either the dictionary is wrong or there are some people lacking in intelligence, I guess. Wow.

And now for sports as I'm in shock:

  • The Tigers have righted their ship, winning the first 2 in a series at Fenway. A good sign for them is that they have gotten good starting pitching the last two nights, which hadn't been as good the last couple of weeks.
  • I have no opinion on Tony Kornheiser's first MNF game. It's hard to make a preseason NFL game interesting. I watched most of the 1st half before switching programs. So many in the press were willing to jump on him after 1 game it's amazing, including someone from his own paper The Washington Post. Dan Patrick (as he often does) made a great point on his radio show. He's done PTI in some form with Mike Wilbon for 20+ years, he's been with Mike Tirico and Joe Theismann for one game. Chemistry takes time.
  • Tiger and Phil together the 1st 2 days of the PGA, lovin it.
  • I think Bruce Bowen will be the last cut for USA Basketball, which has looked even more impressive than I thought they would so far. Can they maintain that focus through adversity? I think that's where Coach K will be a huge calming influence because he's used to getting everyone's best shot as coach at Duke.
  • If I'm a Bengals fan, I'm worried if Anthony Wright has to start the first 4 games, he didn't look good when it was 1st team vs. 1st team Sunday night.
  • 16 days until college football starts.

And it looks like I could play basketball 3 nights a week in various Farmington public leagues if I wanted to this fall. I might actually have to go get a new pair of basketball shoes, it's been awhile since I have.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

thanks for the update; I always enjoy reading them.

August 16, 2006 at 8:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links