Friday, April 29, 2005

Bring on the May flowers

I apologize to all my fans and avid readers out there for not posting in awhile. It's been a busy week, but to make up for it, I'm bringing the meat today!!!

  • First, here are some of the long awaited NCAA Tournament pictures, and other pics I found: community.webshots.com/user/mz343
  • Ok, reality TV. The Contender is down to 6 as the 2nd round is underway. Sergio and Alfonso won two good fights, defeating Ishe and Ahmed "Hollywood", who was voted back after young Juan quit. The only good thing about Hollywood coming back was seeing his ultra hot girlfriend. The Apprentice is down to 3 as Alex was on the losing side for the 5th straight task. Next week are the interviews, in which I think Kendra and Tana will survive. I don't see Craig doing well in the interview setting. By the way, who charges $53 for a t-shirt???? Survivor is down to 6 as Stefenie got voted off. The other tribe members were DUMB for not voting Tom off. I don't see him losing another immunity challenge. The Amazing Race is down to 4 as the old folks, Gretchen and Meredith are hanging in there with the youngins. I'm rooting for them, as is everyone most likely.
  • Last Saturday was one of the better days in recent years. First, my boys came over for the NFL Draft where we camped out in front of the TV, played some risk, snacked, drank, and enjoyed one another's company. It's been great becoming friends with everyone in the Econ program, but I've really enjoyed hanging out with the fellas, so Noah, John, Jason, and Randy, thank you for a great year, and here's to a great summer.
  • Part 2 of Saturday was reuniting with my Symmes staff from two years ago. Honestly, of all the staffs I've been on, this is the staff where we keep in touch the most and, I believe, are truly there for one another. This isn't a knock on the other staffs I've served on, I love you all, but thank you Symmes Shadies for being there, always. Loveland, Michelle, Mackenzie, and Rachel especially, you 4 I consider best friends, thank you for reciprocating those same feelings back, I am very grateful.
  • Tuesday night was the get-together with some of the Econ professors uptown at Steinkeller and oh boy what a night. Where do I begin? There was Prof. Even getting drunk and coming up with funny license plate combinations. Then there was the debate between Prof. Dunleavy, John, Noah, and I on what constitued a sport. Prof. Dunleavy tried to argue that buying penny stocks was equivalent to playing golf, I really don't see that. Then, there was John just going off and trying to get Dunleavy and Even to understand his joke. There was me, eating my grilled porkchop and 7-layer chocolate cake. Not as good as Macchiano's, but I'm not complaining. And, there was Prof. Granderson, "Umm, yeah, this is what I ordered basically." In true Granderson fashion, haha.
  • Today after micro class, Prof. Sullivan showed his musical side by playing his guitar and singing about health care, Chrysler, and economics. Highlights include, "I get a little help from my graphs"and "I have the utility-interdependence blues". What other professor sings on the last day of class? This is why economics is the best.
  • I'm trying really hard to get into the NBA playoffs, but it's just not the same as March Madness. The series are too long, the officiating is absolutely horrendous, and the fans have no idea what's going on.
  • A certain team that will be hoisting the Super Bowl trophy had a good draft by getting Cedric Benson, Mark Bradley, and Kyle Orton in the 4th round, a team known as DAAAA BEARS, and coached by a certain Coach DITKAAAAA (well in spirit).
  • Before I forget, congratulations to all of my old Reid residents who will be graduating next weekend. Best of luck to you all and continue to keep in touch.
  • Nothing new to report on the job search, I'll keep you posted.
  • Katie Holmes is now #1 on my hot list, edging out Keri Russell since she's now romantically linked to Tom Cruise. Let's just say Katie looks gooooood in her Jackie O sunglasses. I can't wait to get a job and move so I can start anew, meet some new people and look to start dating again. Not that there's anything wrong with the old, but the joy of single life is starting to get old. You can only live on stares and smiles from other girls while you run or while you're out and about for so long.
  • 2 more pounds were lost and could not be found last week, so I'm down to 210, which makes 10 pounds in 6 weeks, 15 since Winter Break. Running outside, in the elements, up and down the hills does the trick.
If you're curious, most of the drama of finals week has taken place for me. All that remains for me is a paper due Monday and macro final on Tuesday. Then, it's just the exit paper and whatever else may remain out there.

Song of the Night: "Automatic" Pointer Sisters (seen them in concert)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links