Wednesday, April 13, 2005

"Sooner or later, love is going to get ya...."

Tonight's title is the song of the day as well. I definitely you recommend you downloading it (legally, of course). I believe the song is sung by The Monsters.

Here are some random thoughts (since that's pretty much all I've got):

  • I've gotten back into Jeopardy as the 2nd round of the Ultimate Tournament of Champions began tonight. Eventually, the 2 who survive this tournament of 135 past winners get their shot at Ken Jennings, Jeopardy God. I used to be a frequent watcher of Jeopardy as I did Academic Challenge/Quiz Bowl in high school. I was pretty good I guess. My strengths were in math, geography, history, current events, pop culture, and sports. I played up on Varsity my last two years, the last helping winning a league championship and a semifinal apperance in the WHIO-TV High Q competition. Yes, yours truly came into your living room Sunday mornings 4 times during my senior year. In our first game, we got a Rapid Fire (try to answer 15 questions in 1 minute) on Sports Coaches. So, yes, I ran the category until the last question was said incorrectly so I didn't get it. But yeah, Jeopardy is back in the daily routine and I've done ok on it so far, I think I could be competitive with some of these people.
  • Tonight, as I finished some grading I had to do, I found an Internet Radio Station out of St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada that maybe the best Oldies station I've heard in awhile. Locally, Mojo 94.9 and Oldies 103.5 suffice, but this station played some songs I hadn't heard for a long time. This station does a great job of blending pop, Motown, and classic rock, mixing it up nicely. I'm still listening currently and honestly, it has only played maybe 2 bad songs at most in the last 3 hours with NO REPEATS!!!!!
  • The first 2 resumes went out today and more will keep going out the next couple of days. I won't list where until something actually happens, but I will keep you posted as I start the process for real. I actually have time to do some hardcore searching since my micro paper is in pretty good shape for next Wed.
  • I will be participating in the Red Brick Run 5K Sunday morning. My workouts have been going really well, so I'm going to throw myself in the fire. This will be a good test to see where I am because my worst runs are usually in the morning, so subjecting myself to race pace when I don't want to will be interesting.
  • Friday night is the Spring Game here at Miami. It's not like spring games at Ohio St., Florida, etc., but it draws a nice crowd, and it's something to look forward to during baseball season. I will be purchasing my Ohio St./Miami tickets (Sat., Sept. 3rd), which is also very exciting. In addition, Miami's football schedule was released today. Besides Ohio St., the Battle for the Victory Bell in Oxford between Miami and Cincinnati will be a Wed. night tilt on ESPN2, followed by a Tues. road game at Northern Illinois. ESPN2 will also return for a weekday game Nov. 15th when Bowling Green comes to town. I will never forget ESPN2's first 2 trips to Oxford 2 years ago. The first TV game was vs. BG, ranked 19th at the time. It was 70 degrees on a November night, a sell-out, the student sections filled 90 min. before gametime, and yours truly was helping leading the cheering. The next week, it was Marshall in high winds that threatened to blow the portable light towers down. Those who stayed the whole game will never forget that first division championship in 18 years as beat up on those terds from Huntington.
  • Jermaine O'Neal's assertions that an age limit for the NBA are racist are groundless and ignorant. The NBA and the game of basketball NEED this age limit. As successful as LeBron James, Amare Stoudamire, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, and Kevin Garnett have been, there are the guys you haven't heard of for good reason, because they weren't ready. Players like Kendrick Perkins, J.R. Smith, Korelone Young, Omar Cook, Chris Washburn, William Avery, and countless others could have used more or at least some college. Basketball can only benefit with the institution of the age requirement.
  • Did you catch what happened in Italy during the ACMilan/InterMilan soccer game??? In a UEFA Champions Cup quarterfinal, AC Milan was on its way to victory when the opposing fans tried to take matters into their own hands. They started throwing lit flares, yes, flares at AC Milan's goalie, one striking him in the shoulder, burning him. The game had to be suspended. First of all, who brings flares to a sporting event???? I can't recall ever seeing flares at an American sporting event. European soccer and the passion behind it is something I, and most Americans will never understand.
  • Britney Spears is pregnant; god help her kid. Hopefully, somehow, someway, that child turns out ok.
By the way, I could listen to this radio station all night. Canada is good for something I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links