Saturday, August 06, 2005

Playing The Waiting Game

Well, I have moved back home and have officially begun the Waiting Game. It's a little harder than before because currently there's nothing to distract me. For the better part of the summer, I had my paper and the Tour to distract me. Now that there's no paper and there's still 4 weeks left until football starts, it's tougher to be patient. I keep telling myself, my time will come, but the days are very long. But, I'm not complaining for the break I'm getting. When my time comes, I just have to be ready to crank it back up.

Well, what can I talk about:

The LPGA better have a crack marketing staff because as I've said, women's golf has the potential to be big in the upcoming years. We know about Annika Sorenstam, and I've talked about Paula Creamer and Michelle Wie, but Morgan Pressel, the 17-year old who finished 2nd in the US Women's Open, has made it to the finals of the US Women's Amateur. With her and other college stars like Brittany Lang just turning pro (Lang was 3rd in the Open), ladies' golf has a bright future. Oh, did I mention Tiger Woods has a 14-year old niece? Yup, Cheyenne Woods made it to the Sweet 16 of the Girls Junior Championship.

While being home has many advantages, one big disadvantage is being reintroduced to the Dayton Daily News, which isn't shy of hiding its liberal bias. For example, they ran a story on how less than 50% of Americans have lost confidence in President Bush. Couldn't they find anything else that was newsworthy besides some poll? There are polls done everyday on the President, that's not news. Give me something that actually happened!!!!

One very worthy bit of news that was in today's paper was the revelation of Ohio Governor's Bob Taft expensive golf hobby. It seems as if our beloved governor played some high profile rounds of golf around the state and didn't reveal all of the details that related to expensives. He took everyone from Sen. Voinovich to the former mayor of Columbus on his jet and paid the bill with state money. Governor Taft has dropped the ball and then some. I'm very disappointed.

27 days until Miami beats Ohio St. In the preseason coaches' poll, USC was a unaminous #1 with Texas 2nd. Tennessee, Michigan, and Oklahoma completed the Top 5. Ohio St. was 9th, Miami, 55th. Schools ahead of Miami included: Notre Dame, Arizona, South Carolina, and Washington (who won 1 game last year I believe). Those are 4 good reasons why the only point of a preseason Top 25 is to give the fans something to talk about.

That's all I've got for today, have a good one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you mean 27 days til Miami gets blown out by the Buckeyes! Cmon, we're talking MAC here, get real. :)

August 6, 2005 at 8:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links