Monday, April 24, 2006

Busy Busy, but a Good Busy

I have been on full go the last couple of weeks between work and visiting. This past weekend I visited my uncle, aunt and 4 kids in Lafayette and it was tremendous. You can't draw up a better weekend and I hope I'm able to return the favor when called upon. I wish I could've had at least one more day to enjoy with them, I wasn't ready to leave.

This weekend I'll be heading to Cincinnati to reunite with some of my grad school buddies for our NFL Draft/Risk event. It should be another great weekend; I haven't seen these guys in 9 months or so.

I can really see why Detroit is Hockeytown now. Everyone is excited about the Pistons and the Tigers' surprising start, but people get serious when it comes to the Red Wings. I've met someone who has had their picture taken with the Stanley Cup, in their bed of all places. No one misses Red Wings playoff games. They expect another championship, they're not happy to be just in the playoffs.

Besides showing live Olympic coverage, the Canadian Broadcasting Company also shows playoff hockey in addition to what's shown on NBC/OLN. I'm surprised at how I missed playoff hockey. I'd rather watch playoff hockey than the NBA playoffs I'm finding.

The big news in Britain was Queen Elizabeth's 80th birthday, to which I say, "Who cares?!?!" And Prince Harry may not be going to Iraq with his batallion, which he is the commander of. Why am I not surprised? Of course, do you really want someone who wore a Nazi uniform to a party because he thought it would be a good costume?

I can't say I'm not surprised about Lance Armstrong running in the New York City Marathon. He won't win, but he'll post a good time I think. Before he focused solely on cycling, he was a triathlete and a pretty good runner.

Laundry's done, time to fold then to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links