Sunday, May 01, 2005

"Ice is back with a brand new viction?"

Well, we've made it to May, although the weather isn't quite there yet. Upper 50s and swirling winds aren't exactly great, but I can feel the permanent change in the weather coming. May also means finals week here at Miami, and for me, it's pretty low-key. Since I've already had 3 finals, all that's going on this week is a 20 page paper due tomorrow (done) and a final Tuesday morning. Of course, then comes the nervous waiting to see how it all turns out.

Anyway, here are some random thoughts:

  • I'm currently taking part in the 14 day free Napster trial, so if you have any song suggestions or requests, send them over the request line and I'll get back at ya. I downloaded 77 songs yesterday, so obviously, I'm running out of ideas.
  • In tonight's Contender, Jesse Brinkley won another challenge, setting up Peter Manfredo and Joey Gilbert to go at it. Peter dominated the first 2 rounds, but Joey somehow came back and made it a fight until he got headbutted in the 5th and final round, forcing the fight to be stopped. Peter got the split decision, but Joey looked like the real-life version of Rocky, fighting with a broken rib, but staying toe-to-toe with Peter. I have to admit, my emotions got caught up in the fight, it was that good.
  • Also tonight was the remaking of Vanilla Ice on VH1. The show wasn't as funny as his Behind The Music special ("theirs goes, ding-ding-ding-ding-da-ding-ding, but mine goes ding-ding-ding-ding-da-ding-ding/dingding..., mine's got that extra little ding in it, it's not the same!"), but it was still pretty good. Here were all these people at Ice's mercy to help him with his music, image, etc., but he refused them all and stuck with the same, now hardcore Ice (a poor man's version of Fred Durst basically). Ice, although signing up to be "remade", didn't go through with it because he couldn't trust people since they had used him in the past. But, he's still using his songs and things from the past to get him places. The song he used for his "remaking" was an old track from a 2001 CD. Anyway, here are some of Ice's one-liners:
    • "simple as a pimple"
    • "when it comes to weed, I use it more than I abuse it"
    • "you have fun working, I'll have fun jerking"
Ahh, Vanilla Ice, one of the many things that makes me laugh when I need it.

  • I finally got into an NBA playoff game; it was Bulls/Wizards Saturday. Both teams are young, play uptempo and know some basketball. I really like the way the Bulls play, which should be no surprise when you look at their roster: Kirk Hinrich (Kansas, 2 Final 4s), Ben Gordon (UConn, National Champ), Chris Duhon (Duke, 2 Final 4s, 1 Champ), and GM John Paxson (not a great player, but knows the game).
  • If you still believe Barry Bonds had no idea that he took steroids, look at him in the movie "Rookie of the Year" and notice how small his head is and how skinny he is. On another baseball-related note, I don't think I've ever seen a worse bullpen than the Reds have. The few times they have leads late in the game, they seem to evaporate.
I better get to bed, I have to help proctor a test at 7:30am!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links