Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dream Lover, Come Rescue Me

Take me up take me down
Take me anywhere you want to baby now
I need you so desperately
Won't you please come around'
Cause I wanna share forever with you baby

It's not a bad thing being single, but I know from experience the Holidays are a little more fun when you have a special someone besides your family and friends. Although, I really can't afford to shower anyone with gifts at the moment, so maybe it's a good thing I don't have a girlfriend.

Anyway, we lost our 2nd game to Centerville by 15. My worst fears were suspected: our guys backed down from a more physical Centerville team. We got beat up physically inside and outside and got outhustled. Their two post players couldn't carry my groceries, I'd eat them up for lunch if I were still playing, but they pushed around our post players like they were 1st graders. We scored 9 points in the 2nd half, 2 in the 4th quarter?!?!?! It's safe to say the guys are going to be in for a tough week of practice. The varsity did beat Centerville in double overtime, so that salvaged some of the evening.

This coming weekend includes my uncle and aunt's hosting of the family at their house, which means appetizers galore!!!!! Mini quiches, jalapeno poppers, chicken wings, mini hot dogs, and SHRIMP!!!!!! And there is more, but you get the idea. It's safe to say I'll put in a good workout before I dig in.

Still no word on my test or interview, I'll let you all know the good/bad news when I'm notified.

Now for some sports:

  • I've got a headache, and it's because Da Bears and Miami both lost this afternoon. Da Bears defense didn't show up with their usual intensity, letting the Steelers control the line of scrimmage as Da Bears missed tackle after tackle. Big Ben took care of the ball, and the Steelers took the early lead and never lost control. Kyle Orton played better, but I think Rex Grossman will get a shot in the next 3 weeks. Da Bears only lead Minnesota by a game (they play on the last day).
  • Meanwhile, Miami and Xavier played in a well-fought game, with Xavier making big shots down the stretch to turn a 66-65 lead with 3 minutes left into a 75-65 win. Despite playing without #2 scorer and rebounder Tim Pollitz, Miami competed hard, staying with X on the boards and matching them shot for shot until the final 3 minutes. William Hatcher scored a career high 24, freshman Mike Bramos added 14, and Nate VanderSluis played the game of his life, getting 10 points and 12 rebounds, but it wasn't enough. Miami travels to Wichita St. for another tough game on Tuesday.
  • I was very surprised Duke took Texas behind on the woodshed. JJ Redick was, en fuego. Texas made two tactical errors. PJ Tucker, not Kenton Paulino, should've guarded Redick. Tucker would've been more physical and been more likely to disrupt Redick's rhythm. Also, Tucker should've posted up more, taken advantage of his physical play. When he did get the ball in the post, Dockery, Redick, or Melchionni couldn't stop him, but too often, Tucker was out on the perimeter trying to drive to the basket. That part of his game has improved, but against the Dukies, he should've been inside.
  • I was not surprised at all with the hurting Indiana put on Kentucky. As I've said, UK now has no low post threat, which means they're in big trouble when they play someone who has a low post threat, i.e. Indiana. Indiana more than made up for their loss at Indiana St., who are still undefeated after beating Ball St.
  • I would advise you not to jump on the Gonzaga bandwagon. I think that Adam Morrison is a great player, but team-wise, they're not Final 4 material. Until they can stop someone consistently on defense, they won't make it past the 1st weekend.
  • The Bengals were very lucky to win today, they didn't come ready to play at all.
  • In the span of 2 weeks, Illinois has won at North Carolina, in Chicago vs. Xavier, at home vs. Georgetown, and in Portland vs. Oregon. They're coming along offensively, but their defense is outstanding. Except for Dee Brown who makes it up with his quickness, Illinois are big and long at every position, making it difficult for teams to run their respective offenses. I would've laughed if you told me they'd crack the top 10 this year. Well, here they are and I'm not laughing.

Before I forget, I want to thank everyone for their kindness and support while I continue my job search. I have received so many good wishes, favors, words of encouragement, and other kinds of support, it's overwhelming. I don't know what I've done to deserve all of it, but I promise you I'll pay you back and never forget it. Thank you and I hope you have a Happy Holidays.

I don't want another pretender, To disillusion me one more time

Whispering words of forever, Playing with my mind

I need someone to hold on to, The kind of love that won't fly away

I just want someone to belong to

Everyday Of my live, Always

So come and take me away

It's ok to dream, right???? This was the 1st Mariah video I ever saw, when she jumps in the pool at the end with her flannel shirt tied in the front, yo haha. So it looks like another holiday season where the only kisses I'll be receiving will be Hershey's Kisses, not kisses under the mistletoe. Funny enough, I don't think I've been kissed under mistletoe before. Oh well, something to look forward to!!!!!

Alright, I'm done rambling, I think I'm going to take a quick nap. For those of you with finals this week, good luck!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

an odd observation, but how can you post something at 1:43pm (one would assume its local time) when it discuses events that didn't end until about 4pm?

December 11, 2005 at 9:37 PM

 
Blogger Marty said...

The time given is Pacific time, so it was actually 4:43 local time.

December 12, 2005 at 7:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, ok. which begs the question why you'd post in pacific time when you're in the eastern time zone?

December 13, 2005 at 9:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links