Sunday, December 18, 2005

Let The Adventure Continue

There has been no word on my test results or interview in Detroit, but another great opportunity has emerged. A company that specializes in consulting/civil engineering that is looking for an economist has decided to bring me in for an interview this week. This one came out of nowhere as I phone interviewed with them about 2 months ago and hadn't heard anything since, so I figured I was out of the running. But I got a call this weekend from them wanting me to come into their Silver Spring, Maryland office for an interview, so that means another road trip!!!! I'll be flying into Dulles Wednesday afternoon, and I'll be staying with my uncle and aunt and their family, who have graciously allowed me to stay with them Wed. and Thurs. night. I'll interview Thursday, then fly back Friday afternoon. I won't get back until Friday night, so I'll miss our basketball game, but what can ya do. It's amazing I was able to find room on flights just days before Christmas. So I'll get ready the next couple of days for my first interview East Coast style.

Our basketball team won both of its games this past weekend. Friday was another low-scoring affair against a defensive, physical team. Playing at Kettering Fairmont's new, sparking 3500 seat arena, we were able to hang on for a 31-26 victory. What made it an especially good win was due to the snowstorm we had, we weren't able to practice the day before, so for the guys to put in that kind of an effort was awesome. On Saturday, we were able to beat Lebanon 51-44. This was an extra special win for me because I was in charge of scouting Lebanon, so I felt I had to step up and be ready, and I think I did a good job. So we're 3-1 with games Tuesday and Friday night. We can still play a lot better, so to be 3-1 feels good.

Now, for some other sports:

  • Cincinnati Bengals, AFC North Champions. It's hard to believe.
  • How about that team known as Da Bears?!?!?! A big win at home vs. Atlanta gives Da Bears a 2 game lead over Minnesota with 2 to play. Plus, with Rex Grossman back at quarterback, Da Bears offense isn't quite as offensive.
  • There weren't too many basketball games this week due to so many schools having finals, but there were a couple of teams that caught my eye. One was Creighton tonight against Xavier. Playing without their best player Nate Funk, the Blue Jays were still able to beat a very good X team by 3. For the first time in awhile, Creighton has some legit size. Anthony Tolliver is a player. How about the big 3 he hit with a minute to go??? Another team was Kentucky. The whole Randolph Morris thing sounds fishy, but you can't deny the way they played vs. Louisville. Joe Crawford's dunk is one of the plays of the year, his head was above the rim!!!! Not bad for a 6'4 guard.

1 week until Christmas, I've gotta get my shopping done tomorrow before I fly out Wednesday. I don't get too nervous flying, but going to a place like Washington, D.C., despite the added security, still makes me look around for anything suspicious. One part of flying I do enjoy is the walking in/out of the tunnel leading to the plane. Ever since I was little, it feels like I'm walking onto the court/field for a game. Yeah, it's silly, but I still get a kick out of it. It makes me feel a little more important I guess, I don't know. I've been to Washington once, but I can't remember exactly when, which isn't good. It was before I went to high school, I know that, but that's all I can recall. It was neat seeing all of the buildings and everything, but my two favorite parts of the trip were: my first trip to a Pizzeria Uno and going to a minor-league baseball game (seeing Aaron Boone and Frank Thomas's younger brother play among others). I don't know if I'll have time to visit the heart of the city, we'll see how it all goes.

Another thing I like about flying: peanuts!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links