Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Waiting to Put The Women and Children to Bed

I've basically decided I'm taking the job with the Fed in Detroit. All that's left is to finalize the offer and arrange for my drug test/background check. Still no word on my BEA test or interview in Washington, but they would have to be pretty sweet deals to deter me from going to Detroit.

Now, for what you've all been waiting for, what I got for Christmas:
-ESPN College Football Encyclopedia, this thing is massive. Now if they'll just make one for college basketball.
-ESPN Dick Vitale basketball game.
-ESPN Scene It DVD Trivia Game. I challenge all comers.
-A new car radio, my old one died. This new one has the live bass, so you can hear me coming from 5 miles away now.
-some cash
-coffee table, courtesy of my brother
-golf-style pool, you putt colored golf balls into the pockets, just as you would knock pool balls into pockets

5 out of my personal top 10 games of the year made the ESPN list. Surprisingly, the Aussie Rules game didn't make ESPN haha.

Tonight, while scouting Vandalia Butler, I saw a Sportscenter Top 10 worthy play. Butler has a 6'3" player who isn't a good basketball player, but can jump out of the gym. In the 1st quarter of their game tonight, he and another Butler guard had a 2-on-1 break. He threw a behind the back pass to his teammate, who threw the ball off the backboard, leaving it for the 6'3" player to slam it down with two hands, his head easily above the rim.

With Arizona State's win, I go to 6-3 in my bowl picks, a couple of points off the lead. In terms of confidence points, I have 46, which isn't a lot, but all my big point games are coming up.

There was an interesting article in today's Wall Street Journal about people offering "Disaster Tours" in New Orleans. Tourists are actually taking tours of areas devastated by Katrina. I'm not sure if I'm ok with this, other people profiting from other's peril, but these people are originally from New Orleans, most already in the tourism business before Katrina, so they're struggling to make a living also. Personally, I wouldn't go to New Orleans as a tourist until the area is well on its way back, which likely will be at least another 6 months.

Of course, I've forgotten everything else I was going to talk about.

Coming up, my personal top moments of the year. 2005 was very, very good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links