Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006. Let's Get It Started

So it finally hit me yesterday. I'll be moving in two weeks. And this isn't a move to school type move. This is THE move. This is the move that jumpstarts the rest of my life. I will no longer be home during winter, spring, or summer break. Everything now revolves around my work schedule, which is all-year. I'll have to find out where the grocery store, library, bank, and other important buildings are. And, I will know no one. That's a scary thought at first, but it doesn't take me long to meet new people, so I'm not as worried about that. Plus, I know I'll be busy with work, especially at the beginning, so social life won't be an immediate primary concern. But, I must say I'm looking forward to having a resemblance of one, since I haven't for 6 months basically. The main thing is that now I get a chance to show who I am and what I'm made of in the "real world". I'm looking forward to the challenge, really becoming my own person, and see where life takes me and how successful I am.

I don't know what New Year's programming you watch, but when the ball drops, I turn to Dick Clark. It was nice to see Dick back after his stroke, but you could tell from his voice he's not 100% and probably will never be again. Dick has brought in my New Year every year ever since I was allowed to stay up for the New Year, it's tradition. One thing I couldn't believe while watching the coverage was the number of people text messaging during the New Year. Instead of kissing their respective sweetheart, people were messaging with their friends. What exactly would you text message??? "Hey, it's 2006 now!!!" "Guess what, it's a New Year!!!" No really????

Tomorrow brings the onslaught of college football bowl games, the marquee game being Ohio St. vs. Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl. Right now in bowl picks, I'm 10-10, which isn't very good, especially after being 7-3. So I'm hoping for a good day tomorrow so I can at least sport a respectable record.

Here's who I like tomorrow:
-Alabama over Texas Tech. When has Texas Tech beaten a good team???
-Iowa over Florida. Kirk Ferentz wins bowl games. Florida, despite being under new leadership, has tended to come out flat. Iowa will want it more.
-Virginia Tech over Louisville. Without Brian Brohm, the Cards have no chance.
-Auburn over Wisconsin. Auburn was close to going undefeated, despite losing their starting quarterback and running backs. I don't think Wisconsin's defense can stop Auburn's balanced attack.
-Ohio St. over Notre Dame. This will be a high-scoring game, but the Irish defense won't be able to stop the Buckeye offense.
-Georgia over West Virginia. West Virginia just isn't on the same level as Georgia.

And staying on a football note, Maurice Clarett held up two guys in an alley and took one's cell phone, bringing upon himself charges of aggravated assault. What has happened to this guy?!?!?! He's the reason Ohio St. got to the National Championship game (he was the offense, you have to admit, they didn't have much else), and now he's nothing. Literally, the cry is "Free Maurice!!!" haha.

I haven't come up with goals for 2006 yet because I want to see what is attainable with my job. I can't be very realistic at this point. But I wish you luck in sticking to your resolutions/goals for 2006. Make it a good one!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Links